Frequently Asked Questions

All you need to bring with you is:

  • is one name verification AND one address verification

    Name verification documents. One of following:

    Current valid passport

    National ID card if from an EU country

    Residence Permit issued to EU national (on sight of own country passport)

    Current (not provisional) driving licence

    Building Industry subcontractors certificate issued by the Inland Revenue

    Benefit Book

    Firearms certificate

    Inland Revenue

    Address verification documents. One of following:

    Recent utility bill (not more than 3 months old and not mobile phone bill)

    Local Authority tax bill (current year)

    Current photo card driving licence (if not used for evidence of name)

    Bank, building society or credit union statement or passbook containing current address

    Mortgage statement (not more than 15 months old)

    Local council rent card or tenancy agreement

    Benefits book or original notification letter from benefits agency confirming entitlement (if not used for evidence of name)

    Payment (credit/debit card, cheque or cash) or Direct Debit details.

  •  A padlock – or you can purchase / hire one from our us if you prefer
  • credit/debit card over the phone
  • via a bank payment direct into our bank
  • set up a standing order with your bank

After your initial payment, you will then be invoiced monthly with payment due on the 1st of that month.

Please ensure all goods to be stored are not prohibited.

Prohibited Goods: customers must not store (or allow any other person to store) any of the following items:

  • food or perishable goods unless securely packed so they are protected from and do not attract vermin
  • any living creatures
  • combustible or flammable substances such as gas, paint, petrol, oil, cleaning solvents or compressed gases.
  • firearms, explosives, weapons or ammunition
  • chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents, toxic waste, asbestos or other potentially hazardous substances
  • any item that emits fumes or odours
  • currency, bullion or similar
  • furs, paintings, jewellery, curios, works of art exceeding £10,000 in value in any one item and / or £50,000 in total unless agreed in writing with the business and insurers

You will need a lock for most units. You can purchase or hire one from us; or supply your own (please ensure if you supply your own that it meets your insurance criteria).

We do not provide insurance for your goods.

Please note it is your responsibility for insuring your goods whilst in storage. There are specialist insurers that provide for items in self storage; alternatively your home contents insurance may be able to provide cover for your goods – we recommend you have this confirmed by them to ensure you have adequate cover.

No deposits are required.

No, we are unable to offer this form of storage at our facility.